Applicants must be in good standing in their fourth year of dental school or must have successfully graduated from dental school prior to applying.
We encourage those applicants interested in applying to consider doing an externship in OMS here at Mayo Clinic to better understand how the program is structured and to determine if it is a good match for your interests.
General Admissions Requirements
- Must be a U.S. citizen, either through birth or naturalization.
- Must be a qualified graduate of an accredited U.S. dental school.
- Mayo Clinic OMS participates in the PASS application system for post-graduate dental specialty programs, and in the National Matching Services dental match process.
- When applying, all applicants must include their current CV, personal statement, dental school transcripts, three letters of recommendation, a letter from your medical school dean, and an official transcript from all undergraduate schools attended.
- All applicable licensure eligibility requirements must be fulfilled prior to starting a Mayo residency program.
- A pre-admission health review and current immunization record are required prior to starting an MSGME program.
- Prospective residents must pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
Appointments are confirmed in a formal written letter of appointment from Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education. This letter, a copy of which you will be asked to sign and return, constitutes your formal residency appointment to Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education.