There are three positions available in Mayo Clinic's Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship each year on a competitive basis. International medical graduates who completed their general surgery residency outside the United States or Canada are eligible to apply for our one year non-accredited fellowship.
How to apply
You must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). This can be done through your medical school dean's office. The application form and all supporting documentation must be submitted by Aug. 15 of the year preceding the appointment date. The academic year begins in June/July*.
To apply to the program, visit the ERAS website.
The application requires the following information:
- Official medical school transcripts.
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME).
- A program director's letter and at least two other letters of recommendation.
- A curriculum vitae.
- A personal statement.
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside of the United States).
- A copy of your medical school diploma (if you have graduated from medical school).
Appointments are made through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All candidates must register through the NRMP by visiting the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) website.
Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are conducted between September and October* of each year.
*The non-accredited international fellowship begins in December and interviews are conducted between January and February.