Department and Faculty
Compassionate care for patients and families, as well as experienced medical and allied health teams, are hallmarks of Mayo Clinic's transplant services. Mayo Clinic in Arizona offers heart, kidney, liver, and pancreas transplants. Bone marrow transplants (BMTs or blood and marrow transplants) are offered through the Division of Hematology/Oncology.
Abdominal transplant procedures are performed at Mayo Clinic Hospital in operating rooms that are specially equipped for these complex operations. After each procedure, patients are cared for by staff members experienced in the unique needs of transplant patients.
We see outpatients with transplant surgical issues from across the U.S. and around the world, as well as from the large local population.
The Mayo Clinic Division of Transplant Surgery includes five abdominal surgery transplant team members.
Many prominent professors visit Mayo Clinic each year. They present their work during noon and/or morning lectures and participate in hospital rounds. You will be encouraged to take full advantage of these opportunities.
During your fellowship, you will have access to these resources and support services:
- Secretarial services for patient care and academic activities
- Computer support for Internet, literature search, slide creation, database, word processing and email
- Graphic services for slide and poster presentations
- Office and work space for fellows
- Computerized patient records system allows immediate access to medical records from any workstation