The first Breast Imaging Fellowship Match will take place in March 2017 for the 2018 appointment year. The match is sponsored by the Society of Breast Imaging and will be managed by the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
To become a fellow at Mayo Clinic's campus in Arizona, you must submit an application through ApplyYourself as well as register with the Radiology Match, of which Breast/Women's Imaging is a part.
How to apply
- To apply to the program, visit the ApplyYourself website. All applications to Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include these application materials. You may apply any time after July 1 of the match season. For example, for the 2018 match, applications are accepted beginning July 1, 2016.
- Appointments are made through the Radiology Match, which is sponsored by the NRMP Specialties Matching Service. Candidates must register through the Specialties Matching Service after submitting an application through ApplyYourself. There is a $75 fee to register for the Match.
Application review and interview process:
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. We expect to begin reviewing applications in December or January, and interviews will take place from January through April of the match year. If you have questions, feel free to contact the program coordinator, Kristy Lux, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breast/Women's Imaging has implemented an "all-in policy" for the Match. This means that programs participating in the Match cannot extend any offers to candidates outside of the Match. Applicants can withdraw from the Match prior to the ranking deadline if they accept a position elsewhere outside of the Match.
Dates for the upcoming Match:
- March 22, 2017: Registration opens
- April 26, 2017: Ranking opens
- May 31, 2017: Ranking order list deadline
- June 14, 2017: Match Day
- July 1, 2018: Training begins