Cross-Sectional Imaging Fellowship (Florida)
Mayo Clinic in Florida offers an intensive, flexible fellowship in body magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Grounded in a broad-based, high-volume, clinical practice, the curriculum addresses all fundamentals of MRI.
At the end of the fellowship year, you are equipped to assume a subspecialty leadership role in any type of MR practice. You are prepared to create protocols, address MR quality issues, incorporate emerging techniques and interact with MR technologists to produce superior results.
Specifically, this fellowship offers:
- High-volume exposure to a broad variety of patients and pathologies, with a daily average of more than 30 examinations of the abdomen and pelvis
- Extensive experience with advanced MR imaging techniques, including diffusion, perfusion, and MR-elastography
- Unique access to pulse sequences in the early stages of development, including refinements of parallel imaging, fat and iron quantification; and MR-spectroscopy
- Hands-on, side-by-side instruction from highly trained specialists
- State-of-the-art magnetic resonance equipment, which includes two 3T scanners - one dedicated to body imaging
- Multiple weekly conferences - well-attended, multidisciplinary gatherings and journal clubs
- Close, ongoing interaction with clinical colleagues, especially surgical and transplant teams
- Protected research time
Our flexible curriculum includes: Musculoskeletal MR, vascular MR/CT, breast imaging, and image-guided procedures.
The Cross-Sectional Imaging Fellowship Program trained its first fellow in 1994. It is anticipated that two fellows will complete training in this program annually.