Cross-Sectional Imaging Fellowship (Florida)
Mayo Clinic's campus in Jacksonville, Florida, offers an intensive, flexible fellowship in body magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with additional advanced training in body imaging, including CT- and ultrasound-guided procedures and diagnostic CT and ultrasound.
The one-year Cross-Sectional Imaging Fellowship offers in-depth experience with advanced MRI and CT techniques. Grounded in a broad-based, high-volume, clinical practice, the curriculum addresses all fundamentals of MRI.
At the end of the fellowship year, you are equipped to assume a subspecialty leadership role in any type of MRI practice. You are prepared to create protocols, address magnetic resonance quality issues, incorporate emerging techniques and interact with magnetic resonance technologists to produce superior results.
Specifically, the Cross-Sectional Imaging Fellowship offers:
- High-volume exposure to a broad variety of patients and pathologies, with a daily average of more than 30 magnetic resonance examinations of the abdomen and pelvis
- Extensive experience with advanced MRI techniques, including diffusion, perfusion, magnetic resonance elastography, magnetic resonance angiography, prostate MRI, rectal MRI, dynamic pelvic floor MRI, and magnetic resonance enterography
- Unique access to pulse sequences in the early stages of development, including refinements of parallel imaging, fat and iron quantification, and magnetic resonance spectroscopy
- Hands-on, side-by-side instruction from highly trained specialists
- State-of-the-art magnetic resonance equipment, including two 3T scanners (one dedicated to body imaging)
- Multiple weekly conferences, including well-attended multidisciplinary gatherings and journal clubs
- Close, ongoing interaction with clinical colleagues, especially surgical and transplant teams
- Protected research time available
- Image-guided procedures, including CT-guided lung and abdominal mass biopsies as well as both targeted and nontargeted ultrasound-guided biopsies and procedures
- CT experience, including CT colonography, dual energy CT and 3-D imaging post-processing
- Ultrasound experience, including dedicated hands-on scanning
Our flexible curriculum includes PET/CT, musculoskeletal MRI, vascular MRI/CT, breast imaging and image-guided procedures.
The Cross-Sectional Imaging Fellowship trained its first fellow in 1994. It is anticipated that two fellows will complete training in this program annually.