Abdominal Imaging Fellowship (Arizona)
(Please review the overview description for all Advanced Radiology Fellowships at Mayo Clinic in Arizona)
The one-year Abdominal Imaging Program at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale has a broad, in-depth curriculum that covers all fundamentals of abdominal imaging. The program is designed to provide you with clinical and academic subspecialty training while you work closely with abdominal imaging experts. The program offers:
- Extensive exposure and hands-on experience with a large group of patients whose diagnosis and treatment requires advanced abdominal imaging techniques.
- Clinical instruction by fellowship-trained radiologists, many of whom have extensive academic experience and who are recognized experts in their fields.
- Exposure to state-of-the-art magnetic resonance, computed tomography, ultrasound and PACS (Picture Archive Communications System) equipment.
- Experience in a modern hospital facility that uses a filmless imaging department and an electronic medical records systems.
- Close cooperative interaction with outstanding medical, surgical, and pathology colleagues.
- Outstanding clinical research opportunities.
Cross-sectional imaging fellows at the Department of Radiology at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale have rotated through the Abdominal Section since that program was created in 2000. This specific dedicated fellowship is a new opportunity that has grown from those rotations. This program can accept one full-time candidate annually, or two individuals who choose to do 50% of their clinical time in abdominal imaging.