There are nine positions in the Radiation Oncology Clinical Medical Physics Residency and Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota. Most years, three new fellows begin the program.
How to apply
The program uses an online application system run though the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) and participates in the Medical Physics Matching Program.
The application form and all supporting documentation must be submitted by December of the year preceding the appointment date. The academic year begins July 1. Exact application deadline dates can be found on the application website.
- To register for the Medical Physics Matching Program, visit the MedPhys Match website. You will need the assigned NMS ID number for the next step.
- To apply to the program, visit the AAPM Medical Physics Residency Application Program. The application requires this information:
- A curriculum vitae. Describe your activities with professional societies, publications, and any other relevant information about your education or experience.
- A personal statement of professional goals.
- Transcripts. These should show the degree earned and date conferred from each graduate school you attended. Non-final transcripts are acceptable if the final degree is in progress. Provide certified or notarized English translations of documents written in a language other than English.
- Three original letters of recommendation. These should be from faculty members, including your thesis adviser, who are thoroughly familiar with your work. Each letter should include the writer's opinion of your professional, academic and personal qualifications, as well as his or her opinion on your potential for success in the field of medical physics.
- Applicants considered for an appointment are invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are conducted in the winter each year.
- For those offered positions, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education requires a copy of the Ph.D. diploma and final official transcripts.