There are three positions available in Mayo Clinic's Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency each year on a competitive basis.
How to apply
You must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). This can be done through your medical school dean's office. International medical graduates should contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for information on how to apply using ERAS.
Applications for each academic year, which begins in July, should be completed by Aug. 13 of the previous calendar year.
- To apply to the program, visit the ERAS website. All applications to Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include these application materials. This program also requires these additional supporting materials to be submitted with your online application:
- A copy of your most recent psychiatry residency in-training examination (PRITE) scores
- A letter from your general psychiatry program director
- All appointments are made through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Candidates must register through the NRMP website.
- If you are considered for an appointment, you will be asked to visit Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., for an interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are conducted between September and mid-November each year.