Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency (Minnesota)
The two-year Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Program at Mayo Clinic in Rochester offers:
- A solid education in the sciences and theories of child and adolescent psychiatry, making you eligible for certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- A diverse population of community and tertiary-care patients
- A comprehensive didactic curriculum that includes didactic sessions, several weekly conferences and individual tutorials
- A training schedule that includes daily attending rounds
- A unique outpatient experience with an emphasis on continuity of care
- State-of-the-art inpatient units
- Special opportunities in eating disorders, consultation-liaison, learning disabilities and sexual trauma
The Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Residency meets all the requirements of and is accredited by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN).
When you successfully complete the Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Program, you will be able to take the certification examination in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry as offered by the ABPN.
The Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Program at Mayo Clinic in Rochester was established in 1965. Approximately 100 residents have completed their training in this program. It is anticipated that going forward, two or three trainees will complete this program annually.