Twelve categorical pediatric positions are available each year in the Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine Residency Program, and two pediatrics-child neurology positions are available in the PL-1 and PL-2 levels. In addition, each year two third-year residents are selected to serve as a fourth-year chief residents. Mayo Clinic also has fellowship programs in the pediatric subspecialties.
How to apply
You must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). This can be done through your medical school dean's office. The application form and all supporting documentation must be submitted by Dec. 1 in the year preceding the appointment date. The academic year begins in June following the match.
To apply to the program, visit the ERAS Web site. The application requires the following information:
- Official medical school transcripts.
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME).
- A dean's letter and at least three other letters of recommendation.
- A curriculum vitae.
- A personal statement.
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside of the United States).
- A copy of your medical school diploma (if you have graduated from medical school).
Appointments are made through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Rarely, a limited number of positions may be available at the PL-2 or PL-3 level.
To register see:
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are conducted between October and January of each year prior to the match date.