During this fellowship you will:
- Handle in-house and referral pulmonary pathology specimens from the surgical
and autopsy services
- Attend and participate in numerous departmental and interdepartmental
conferences dealing with pulmonary disease
- Conduct research
- Assist with and initiate clinicopathologic correlative projects and/or basic
research projects for presentation and publication
- Teach in Mayo Medical School
You will have access to the Charles B. Carrington Memorial Pulmonary Pathology Teaching Collection of more than 3,000 catalogued cases.
You also will have the opportunity to take an optional rotation at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale .
Ongoing research interests, in which you can be involved, include:
- Early detection of lung cancer
- Molecular profiling of lung cancer
- Various aspects of interstitial lung disease
- Pathology of the transplanted lung