There are three program tracks available on a competitive basis:
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency (five residency positions each year)
- Anatomic Pathology Residency (one residency position each year)
- Combined Anatomic Pathology Residency and Neuropathology Fellowship (one position each year)
How to apply
You must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). This can be done through your medical school dean's office. International medical graduates should contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for information on how to apply using ERAS.
The application form and all supporting documentation must be submitted by Nov. 1 for positions beginning the following year.
- To apply to the program, visit the ERAS website. All applications to Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include these application materials.
- All appointments are made through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Candidates must register through the NRMP website.
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are conducted October through January each year.
Also see application details: