There are four positions available each year in the Otolaryngology Residency Program on a competitive basis.
How to Apply
Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education does not directly accept or process applications for this residency. You must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). This can be done through your medical school dean's office.
The application form and all supporting documentation must be submitted by the end of September, approximately 10 months before the program begins. The academic year begins in July.
Step 1: To apply to the program, visit:
The application requires the following information:
- Official medical school transcripts.
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX,
NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME).
- A dean's letter and at least three (3) other letters of recommendation.
- A curriculum vitae.
- A personal statement.
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside of the
- A copy of your medical school diploma (if you have graduated from medical
Step 2: All appointments are made at the first-year level through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP).
To register, visit:
Applicants must register with both ERAS and NRMP to participate in the services of each.
Step 3: If you are considered for an appointment, you will be asked to visit Mayo Clinic in Rochester for an interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are conducted in November annually