To apply, you must have completed a residency program in otolaryngology.
- Graduates from medical schools outside the U.S. and Canada must be certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates to qualify for admission. Information about certification and visa sponsorship, if required, is available from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Mayo supports ECFMG J-1 visa sponsorship for fellows enrolled in graduate medical education. Mayo will support an H-1B temporary work visa under the following circumstances:
- When J-1 visa sponsorship is unavailable, that is, the program is not eligible for ECFMG certification or the program is non-ACGME accredited and non-ABMS recognized
- When a foreign national is a graduate of U.S. medical school
- When a foreign national holds current H-1B status for graduate medical education at another school
- All applicable licensure eligibility requirements must be fulfilled prior to starting a Mayo fellowship program.
- A pre-admission health review and current immunization record are required prior to starting a Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education (MSGME) program.
- Prospective fellows must pass a criminal background check and drug screening.