Advanced Head and Neck Oncologic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship (Minnesota)
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., offers a one-year clinical fellowship in advanced head and neck reconstructive surgery including microvascular reconstruction and transoral oncologic surgery.
The fellowship training takes place in a high-volume quaternary health care facility and includes:
- Head and neck oncologic surgery
- Transoral laser microsurgery for head and neck cancer
- Transoral robotic-assisted surgery for head and neck cancer
- Reconstructive head and neck rehabilitative surgery, including microvascular free flap reconstructive surgery
- Exposure to multidisciplinary head and neck cancer care
In addition to the clinical experience, fellows in this program participate in clinical research during the fellowship.
The Advanced Head & Neck Oncologic & Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Rochester will accept its first fellow in 2011. It is anticipated that one fellow will complete training in the program each year.
To ensure you gain proficiency and develop the corresponding technical skills, your performance will be monitored throughout this program. You will be formally evaluated by your supervising faculty member following the completion of each clinical rotation. Then you will meet with the program director to review the evaluations. In addition, you will regularly evaluate the faculty to ensure your educational goals are being met.