One position is available each year.
How to Apply
Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education (MSGME) does not process printed applications to this program. To apply, please refer to the SFMatch web site to register for the match and read about the new process for applying to Ophthalmology Fellowship training in 2008. In addition to the standard application materials required by the SFMatch, this program requires the following additional supporting materials to be submitted:
Required Application Materials:
- Curriculum vitae. Describe your activities with professional societies, publications, and any other relevant information about your education or experience.
- Official transcripts. Upload a scanned copy of official transcript from the medical school you attended. Provide certified or notarized English translations of documents written in a language other than English.
- A copy of your Medical School Diploma
- Dean's letter. Ask your medical school to send a letter directly to us
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX, or NBME.
- Valid ECFMG certificate. Required if you graduated from a medical school outside the United States or Canada.
Applications for each academic year should be completed by September 15, approximately 10 months in advance of the program start date. The academic year begins in early July.
If your application is favorably considered, you will be asked to visit Mayo Clinic for an interview with the program director and selected faculty.
Complete the fellowship match registration with the San Francisco Matching Program (www.sfmatch.org).
Complete the SFMatch application
Send the documents requested by Mayo Clinic to:
Linda Mrozek, Education Coordinator to Brian G. Mohney, M.D.
Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street, SW
Rochester, MN 55905