One position is available in the Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgery Fellowship beginning in July of each odd calendar year.
A fellowship position is offered to begin training in July 2015. Applications are accepted via the San Francisco Matching Program. Registration opens Oct. 1, 2013.
How to apply
Appointments are made through the San Francisco Matching Program (SFMatch). Matches are announced on April 18, 2014 (for the July 2015 start date).
Please register through the SFMatch.
Applications for each academic year should be completed by Dec. 31, 2013.
Applicants considered for an appointment are invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are conducted between January and February 2014.
Other documentation required to be eligible for the Mayo Clinic Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgery Fellowship includes:
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of graduate school and/or medical or dental school diploma
- Dean's letter
- Official final transcript from the medical school you attended. Provide certified or notarized English translations of documents originally written in a language other than English
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations: USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME
- Copy of completion certificate from each of your prior residency and/or fellowship training programs
To be eligible for Minnesota state licensure, you need:
- United States Medical Licensure Examinations (USMLE) steps 1, 2, and 3 must be completed within three attempts each; and Step 3 must be passed within five years of passing Step 2.
- Required accredited U.S. training: U.S./Canadian graduates - one year; international graduates - two years.