The Mayo Clinic Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Fellowship will begin accepting applications for the 2014 fellowship position in January 2013. There is one position available each year on a competitive basis.
Applications and all required documentation must be submitted by June 1, 2013. The fellowship position begins in July of the following year.
Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic in Rochester for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.
How to apply
To improve the ease of the application process, the Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education (MSGME) no longer uses printed applications to the program. We have converted to an electronic process that should make it more convenient for you. Please use the application service, Apply Yourself.
All applications through Apply Yourself must include:
- Apply Yourself application form.
- Curriculum vitae. Describe your activities with professional societies, publications, and any other relevant information about your education or experience.
- Personal statement of professional goals.
- Official transcripts. Official transcripts from each university, graduate school, and/or medical school you attended. Provide certified or notarized English translations of documents written in a language other than English.
- Dean's letter/Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE).
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX, or NBME).
- Valid ECFMG certificate. Required if you graduated from a medical school outside the United States or Canada.
- Three original letters of recommendation from physicians or faculty members who are thoroughly familiar with your work. One letter must be from your residency program director. Each letter should include the writer's opinion of your professional, academic, and personal qualifications, as well as his/her opinion of your potential success in the field for which you are applying. You may submit more than three letters of recommendation if you wish.
- Copy of graduate school and or medical/dental school diploma.
- CREOG annual examination scores. Include score reports from PGY 1-3 if you are still in residency and PGY 1-4 if you have completed residency training:
- Copy of completion certificate from each of your prior residency and/or fellowship training programs. Required if you have completed a residency and/or fellowship program previously.