One position is available in the Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship each year on a competitive basis. Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic in Rochester for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.
How to apply
Candidates may apply through ERAS Fellowships, an online application service. Candidates may begin using ERAS Fellowships beginning November 15, 2012. The application deadline is May 31, 2013. The fellowship positions begin in July each year.
All applications through ERAS Fellowships must include:
- ERAS Common Application Form. Describe your activities with professional societies, publications, and any other relevant information about your education or experience. Any information you would put on your curriculum vitae should be included. See the MyERAS User Guide.
- Personal statement of professional goals.
- Official transcripts. Official transcripts from each university, graduate school, and/or medical school you attended. Provide certified or notarized English translations of documents written in a language other than English.
- Dean's letter/Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE).
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX, or NBME).
- Valid ECFMG certificate. Required if you graduated from a medical school outside the United States or Canada.
- Four original letters of recommendation from physicians or faculty members who are thoroughly familiar with your work. One letter must be from your residency program director, one must be from your Ob-Gyn Department Chair and two from other faculty members, one of which should be from the Ob-Gyn department. Each letter should include the writer's opinion of your professional, academic, and personal qualifications, as well as his/her opinion of your potential success in the field for which you are applying. You may submit more than four letters of recommendation if you wish.
- Copy of graduate school and or medical/dental school diploma. Please send a copy of your diploma(s) via U.S. mail or email to the following address to be added to your ERAS Fellowship Application locally (not accepted by ERAS for scanning):
- CREOG annual examination scores. Please send a copy of your exam score reports via U.S. mail or email to the following address to be added to your ERAS Fellowship Application locally (not accepted by ERAS for scanning). Include score reports from PGY 1-3 if you are still in residency and PGY 1-4 if you have completed residency training:
- Copy of completion certificate from each of your prior residency and/or fellowship training programs. Required if you have completed a residency and/or fellowship program previously. Please send a copy of your certificate(s) via U.S. mail or email to the following address to be added to your ERAS Fellowship Application locally (not accepted by ERAS for scanning):
- Jennifer Larson
- Fellowship Education Coordinator
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
200 First Street SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org