As Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS) proceeds towards subspecialty certification, residents graduating in June 2011 or later must complete an accredited fellowship training program in order to qualify for the subspecialty FPMRS board certification examination.
The National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) manages a separate match for FPMRS programs on behalf of the American Urogynecologic Society (AUGS) and the Society for Urodynamics and Female Urology (SUFU). FPMRS no longer participates in the Ob-Gyn Fellowship Match. Please note these important dates:
- November 15, 2012 – FPMRS candidates may begin using ERAS Fellowships
- December 1, 2012 – ERAS Post Office opens
- April 1, 2013 – Mayo Rochester FPMRS application deadline
- April 3, 2013 – FPMRS Match opens
- May 17, 2013 – Mayo Rochester FPMRS fellowship interviews
- June 5, 2013 – FPMRS NRMP Rank Order List opens
- July 17, 2013 – FPMRS NRMP Rank List closes
- July 31, 2013 – FPMRS NRMP Match Day
The Mayo Clinic Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship Program offers one position each year on a competitive basis. Applicants considered for an appointment are invited to visit Mayo Clinic in Rochester for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.
How to Apply
Candidates may apply through ERAS Fellowships, an online application service. Candidates may begin using ERAS Fellowships beginning November 15, 2012. The application deadline is April 1, 2013. The fellowship position begins in July each year.
All applications through ERAS Fellowships must include: