Adult Neurology Residency (Florida)
The Adult Neurology Residency at Mayo Clinic in Florida integrates extensive practical exposure to all aspects of current clinical neurology, with a firm grounding in underlying scientific principles and methods of clinical investigation.
This training program will help prepare you for neurological practice by exposing you to the rapidly expanding body of neuroscience information and the human nervous system.
The four-year Adult Neurology Residency offers:
- Community practice in an academic setting
- State-of-the-art diagnostic, therapeutic and research facilities
- Cutting-edge electronic medical record
- Multidisciplinary simulation center
- Strong didactic curriculum that is patient centered and learner focused
- Direct patient care responsibilities throughout your residency commensurate with your training and experience
- Exposure to a diverse patient population
- Exposure to common and uncommon neurological disorders
- Comprehensive outpatient experiences
- Ample elective time
- Full-time faculty with experience in all subspecialties of neurology
- Assistance in achieving your professional goals
- Interdisciplinary collaboration throughout Mayo Clinic
The Adult Neurology Residency at Mayo Clinic in Florida is certified by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). Graduates are eligible to take the board examination of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
The Adult Neurology Residency at Mayo Clinic in Florida began in July 2002 and has received ACGME maximum accreditation every cycle since its inception. Our residents have participated in numerous departmental, institutional, regional and national committees. As of June 30, 2012, the resident complement is four annually.