There are three positions available in the Adult Neurology Residency Program at Mayo Clinic in Arizona each year on a competitive basis.
Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education does not directly accept or process applications for this residency. Instead you must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). You can do so through your medical school dean's office. The application form and supporting documentation must be submitted by October 31. The academic year begins in late June or early July.
You do not need to apply separately to the Transitional Year Program
To apply to the program, visit the ERAS website.
We request that you NOT provide any documents beyond those required by ERAS. The application requires the following information:
- Official college, graduate school and medical school transcripts
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME)
- A dean's letter and two letters of recommendation
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal statement
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside of the U.S. or Canada)
- A copy of your medical school diploma
Appointments are made through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All candidates must register through the NRMP. To register see: National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic in Arizona for an interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are conducted annually in November, December and January.