To apply to the Adult Neurology Residency Program, you must have completed four years of medical school and successfully graduated prior to the start of Post-Graduate Year 1.
Requirements for Foreign Medical Graduates
The Neurology Residency Program at Mayo Clinic in Arizona accepts Foreign Medical Graduates under the following guidelines:
ECFMG certification requirements include a series of examinations and direct verification of medical education credentials. Applicants for ECFMG certification must pass the following:
- Step 1 and Step 2 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE)
- English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam
- ECRMG Clinical Skills Assessment (CSA)
J-1 Visa Sponsorship (Non-immigrant Visa):
- ECFMG Certification
- Official letter or contract offer for a position in an accredited program of graduate medical education or training
- Provide a statement of need from the Ministry of Health of the country of nationality or last legal permanent residence
- ECFMG can sponsor only for the length of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) accredited program.
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education will only sponsor the J-1 Visa. MGSM will not sponsor the H-1B Visa.