Transplant Hepatology Fellowship (Florida)
The one-year Transplant Hepatology Fellowship Program at Mayo Clinic Jacksonville offers:
- The Mayo tradition of excellence in patient care, education and research.
- Outstanding facilities and institutional resources.
- Large patient population with an ideal mix of unusual and common disorders.
- Dedicated and enthusiastic faculty.
- Active educational conference program.
- Superior hands-on training in all areas of clinical hepatology.
- Intensive experience in the care and management of patients before, during and after liver transplantation.
- Training in liver biopsy.
- Clinical research training and experience.
- Training that fulfills UNOS criteria for Liver Transplant Physician.
Our primary goal is to train clinical scholars for career paths that include subspecialty patient care and academic activities such as teaching and clinical research. Expected career settings for graduates are as clinical faculty in a traditional university academic practice, or as a scholarly subspecialist at a referral center. This training would also be excellent preparation for clinical practice outside of an academic environment.