There is one position available in the Pulmonary Medicine Fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale/Phoenix each year on a competitive basis.
How to Apply
You must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The application form and all supporting documentation must be submitted by January 31 prior to the appointment date (approximately 17 months in advance). Appointments for the Fellowship Program will be made through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All candidates must register through the NRMP.
To apply to the program, visit the ERAS Web site.
The application requires the following information:
- Official medical school transcripts
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME)
- A dean's letter and three letters of recommendation, one of which needs to be from the internal medicine residency program director
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal statement
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside of the United States)
- A copy of your medical school diploma will be required if you match with our program
Appointments are made directly through Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education. If you are considered for an appointment, you will be asked to visit Mayo Clinic for an interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are conducted in April and May each year.