Primary Care Internal Medicine Research Fellowship (Minnesota)
The Primary Care Internal Medicine Research Fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is a one-year fellowship for board-certified or board-eligible general internists. As a fellow in this program, you will learn to apply clinical research to improve patient care.
The Primary Care Internal Medicine Research Fellowship includes:
- Course work in biostatistics, clinical epidemiology and clinical research methods
- Opportunities for research collaboration with experienced Mayo Clinic investigators, particularly in the areas of tobacco control and cancer prevention, and medical education
- Teaching in the concepts of hypothesis-driven research and learning to apply these skills in the development of patient-oriented clinical research and medical education
- Clinical training in ambulatory medicine
- Improvement of clinical skills in primary care internal medicine through the establishment and maintenance of a continuity clinic
Fellows who successfully complete this program obtain a certificate in Clinical and Translational Science.
The Primary Care Internal Medicine Research Fellowship Program at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., was established in 2012. One fellow will complete this fellowship annually.