Admissions and Application Process
Appointments are confirmed in a formal written letter of appointment from Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education. This letter, a copy of which you will be asked to sign and return, constitutes your formal residency appointment to Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education.
Resident and fellow policies
There are eight positions available in the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Mayo Clinic in Florida each year on a competitive basis.
How to apply
You must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The application form and all supporting documentation must be submitted by December 1 of the year preceding the appointment date. The academic year begins in July.
- To apply to the program, visit the ERAS Web site. The application requires the following information:
- Official medical school transcripts
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME)
- A dean's letter and at least two other letters of recommendation
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal statement
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside of the United States)
- A copy of your medical school diploma (if you have graduated from medical school)
- Appointments are made through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All candidates must register through the NRMP.
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are typically conducted between December 1 and January 31 of each year prior to the match date.