Internal Medicine Residency (Florida)
The Internal Medicine Residency at Mayo Clinic's campus in Jacksonville, Florida, offers an outstanding experience in a collegial training setting that emphasizes academic career opportunities, individualized mentoring and tailored experiences. Residents have the ability to learn systems and processes of care within the integrated Mayo system, renowned for quality medical care and national leadership as a leading-edge health care innovator.
Our learning environment maximizes opportunities for personal achievement in a comfortable, supportive, nurturing, academically focused and scholastically rewarding environment. House staff camaraderie and satisfaction are paramount, and residents are active partners in program innovation.
Our three-year Internal Medicine Residency offers:
- Diverse, high-acuity pathology in an academic setting
- High faculty-to-resident ratio that allows extensive personal contact with attendings
- Close interaction with fellows from 12 medicine subspecialties, many of whom are former Mayo Clinic in Florida internal medicine residents
- Ranked the No. 2 safest teaching hospital in America by Consumer Reports (May 2013)
- Inpatient service ranked No. 1 in patient satisfaction among 350 national teaching and community hospitals for 2009 and 2010
- Direct patient care responsibilities throughout your residency commensurate with your training and experience
- Personalized career development and research mentorship
- Generous salary and benefits
- Protected time for weekly board review during your PGY-3 year and an established three-year board review curriculum with a faculty board review director
- Ample electives and research starting in your intern year
- Outstanding hospital and facilities
- Residents play a major role in development and implementation of curriculum
- Unlimited access to the multidisciplinary Weaver Simulation Center, which opened in 2013
- Cutting-edge electronic medical record
- Interdisciplinary collaboration throughout Mayo Clinic
- Comprehensive outpatient general medicine experience, including at the University of North Florida Health Clinic and Duval County Health Department
The Internal Medicine Residency at Mayo Clinic's campus in Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). This residency has been fully accredited by the ACGME with a five-year (maximum) accreditation cycle.
All of our accredited internal medicine residencies and fellowships have maximum ACGME cycle lengths. Since its inception in 1994, the residency has always been awarded maximum cycles, with six years awarded for 2007 to 2013. This program is ACGME-approved for 45 residents (categorical and preliminary).