Two to three positions are available in the infectious diseases fellowship each year on a competitive basis.
How to Apply
You must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The application form and all supporting documentation must be submitted by January 18 of the year preceding the appointment date. The academic year begins in July.
The application requires:
- Official medical school transcripts
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME)
- One dean's letter and at least two other letters of recommendation
- Copy of your medical school diploma (if you have graduated from medical school)
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside of the United States)
All candidates must register through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) Specialties Matching Service (SMS).
Appointments are made through the Infectious Disease Subspecialty Match Program.
Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are conducted between March 1 and April 20 of each year prior to the match date.