One position is available annually on a competitive basis for Mayo Clinic's Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Early application is recommended. The latest possible date by which all supporting materials must be received is by December 1 of the year preceding the appointment date (7 months before the program begins). The academic year begins in late June or early July.
Step 1: To apply to the program, visit the ERAS Web site
The application requires the following information:
- Official medical school transcripts
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME)
- A dean's letter and at least two other letters of recommendation
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal statement
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside of the United States)
- A copy of your medical school diploma (if you have graduated from medical school)
Appointments are made directly through MSGME. If you are considered for an appointment, you will be asked to visit Mayo Clinic Rochester for an interview with the program director and selected faculty.