Seven to eight positions are available in the Gastroenterology Fellowship Program each year on a competitive basis, and include positions on the clinical track and on the NIH-sponsored track.
How to Apply
You must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The application form and all supporting documentation must be submitted by July 27, 2012. The academic year begins in July 2013.
To apply to the program, visit the ERAS Web site.
The application requires the following information:
- Official medical school transcripts
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME)
- A dean's letter and three other letters of recommendation, including one from the internal medicine program director
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal statement
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside of the United States)
- A copy of your medical school diploma will be required if you match with our program.
Appointments are made through the Gastroenterology Subspecialty Match Program, sponsored by the National Resident Matching Program Specialty Matching Services (SMS). All candidates must register through the SMS.
To register, see:
If you are considered for an appointment, you will be asked to visit Mayo Clinic for an interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are conducted on selected dates during September and October 2012.