There are two positions available in Mayo Clinic's Arizona Dermatology Residency Program each year. Both positions are categorical positions and include a PGY-1 year in the Transitional Year Residency program at Mayo Clinic in Arizona.
How to apply
You must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). This can be done through your medical school dean's office. The application form and all supporting documentation must be submitted by November 1. The academic year begins the end of June. You do not need to apply separately to the Transitional Year Program.
To apply to the program, visit the ERAS Web site.
We request that you NOT provide any documents beyond those required by ERAS. The application requires the following information:
- Official medical school transcripts.
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME).
- A dean's letter and at least two other letters of recommendation.
- A curriculum vitae.
- A personal statement. (PLEASE LIMIT TO 1 PAGE ONLY)
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside of the United States).
- A copy of your medical school diploma (if you have graduated from medical school).
Appointments are made through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All candidates must register through the NRMP.
To register see:
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are conducted in December and/or January Mayo Clinic will fund a one-night stay at the Marriott Courtyard Hotel on the Mayo Clinic campus.