Compensation and Benefits
Mayo Clinic-provided benefits and insurance programs are available to those appointed to programs at least one year in length.
Resident and fellow educational stipends: 2014-2015 academic year*
||Annual stipend equivalent**
|Graduate Level 1
|Graduate Level 2
|Graduate Level 3
|Graduate Level 4
|Graduate Level 5
|Graduate Level 6
|Graduate Level 7
|Graduate Level 8
|Graduate Level 9
|Graduate Level 10
*Effective July 16, 2014. Annual compensation applies to Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education residents and fellows but does not apply to Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. See OMS Stipends.
**Mayo Clinic payroll runs on an every-other-week schedule. The annual amount is only an approximation due to Mayo's payroll structure.
Clinician-investigator trainee stipend progression
Trainees gain two additional years of stipend progression during this training. Your stipend will continue to progress during the clinician-investigator training program.
Mayo Clinic paid benefits
- Vacation (15 working days a year)
- Short-term disability (sick leave up to three months)
- Dental assistance plan
- Comprehensive medical care plan
- Voluntary basic life insurance, disability insurance, family life insurance
- Voluntary additional life insurance
- Voluntary accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Excess personal liability insurance
- Dependent and health care reimbursement accounts
- Adoption reimbursement
- Paid and unpaid leaves of absence
- Tax-deferred annuity plans
- Meal subsidy for on-call residents
- Parking and intercampus bus shuttle
Learn more about benefits.
Services and support groups
Mayo Clinic offers many services to assist residents, fellows and their families during training. Many, but not all, of the services shown are available at Mayo's campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota.
- College of Medicine Office for Diversity
For questions or comments regarding diversity and inclusion within the College of Medicine, please contact the Office for Diversity at 507-266-2912.
- Mayo Fellows Associations
These organizations are dedicated to maintaining excellence in residency education and encouraging closer social and professional relationships among members.
- Financial and Insurance Counseling
Advisers are available to help with personal financial questions.
- Employee Assistance Program
Professional, confidential assistance is provided to address professional or personal problems.
- Employment Opportunities
Guidance is available for spouses, partners or significant others interested in employment opportunities.
- Childcare Referral
Referrals to childcare and preschool programs are available.
- Child Illness Care
Mayo Clinic will provide help to care for your ill child.
- Activities Programs
Special events and services are offered in four activity areas: social/family, culture, recreation and education.
- Fitness Center (Minnesota campus)
For a nominal fee, trainees and their spouses may join the Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center. The fitness center includes two campus locations that offer personal exercise consultations and a variety of training programs.
- Alice Mayo Society
AMS exists to welcome and to acquaint spouses, partners and significant others of staff members, residents and medical students with Mayo Clinic and Rochester.