Mayo Clinic in Minnesota currently accepts four fellows in its Pain Medicine Fellowship each year on a competitive basis.
How to apply
Applications are accepted beginning February 1 of each year. The academic year begins in early July. MSGME does not process printed applications to this program. To apply, you need to use the third-party application service, Apply Yourself.
To apply to the Pain Medicine Fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, please submit the following. All documents can be uploaded online through Apply Yourself.
- A completed Apply Yourself application
- Medical school transcripts (copies will suffice; need not be official)
- Test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME)—copies will suffice; need not be official until you are appointed a position
- A dean's letter, along with three other letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your professional qualifications (these can be copies and uploaded with your application)
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal statement
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside of the United States or Canada)
- Copies of all in-training examination scores (to date)
- Copy of SAE summary for PM&R applicants
The Pain Medicine Fellowship participates in the match program sponsored through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). The timeline for the upcoming appointment year is:
||Rank Order List Opens
||Quota Change Deadline
||Rank Order List Closes
If you are considered for an appointment, you are invited to Mayo Clinic for an interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are held Monday, Aug. 19, and Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013.