There is one position available on a competitive basis each year in the Pain Medicine Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Jacksonville, Florida.
How to apply
You must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Applications for each academic year should be completed by June 1.
To apply to the program, visit the ERAS website. All applications to Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include these application materials.
In addition, this fellowship requires that you submit these materials with your online application:
- A personal statement, including a discussion of how you became interested in pain medicine and what unique qualities you possess that will make you an outstanding pain medicine physician
- A copy of your most recent In-Training Examination scores
- A copy of your Self-Assessment Examination (SAE) summary for physical medicine and rehabilitation applicants
- A letter from your residency program director
- Appointments are made through the Anesthesiology Fellowship Match, which is sponsored by the National Resident Matching Program Specialties Matching Service. All candidates must register through the Specialties Matching Service after submitting an application through ERAS. The match opens in June, with match day in October.
- All completed applications will be considered, and a few candidates will be asked to visit Mayo Clinic for a formal interview. Interviews typically are conducted in June and July.
Also see application details: