Each year, Mayo Clinic in Rochester offers 18 positions in its Anesthesiology Residency on a competitive basis.
The Anesthesiology Residency Program appointment pathways are:
Four-year continuum in Anesthesiology, including first year in Internal Medicine (Anesthesiology 1328040C0)
Transitional year at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville or Scottsdale
Three-year continuum in Anesthesiology (Anesthesiology 1328040A0)
To apply to the Anesthesiology Residency at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, please submit:
- A completed ERAS application
- Medical school transcripts (copies will suffice; need not be official)
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME)
- A dean's letter along with three other letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your professional qualifications
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal statement
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside of the United States or Canada)
Applicants for fellowship programs also must provide a copy of their most recent ABA-ASA In-Training Examination scores and a letter from their anesthesiology residency program director.
Applications must be submitted via the Electronic Residency Application Services (ERAS) through your medical school dean's office.
Applications for each academic year, which begins in July, should be completed by Dec. 1.
If you are considered for an appointment, you will be invited for an interview. Interviews are usually conducted from November through January.