Each year, Mayo Clinic in Arizona offers three positions in the Anesthesiology Residency on a competitive basis. The three positions are categorical positions and include a PGY-1 year in the Transitional Year Residency program at Mayo Clinic in Arizona.
How to apply
You must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The application form and all supporting documentation must be submitted by December 1 of the year preceding the beginning of the Transitional Year. The academic year begins in July.
To apply to the program, visit the ERAS Web site.
The application requires the following information:
- Medical school transcripts
- Test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME)
- A dean's letter and three other letters of recommendation
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal statement
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside of the United States)
- A copy of your medical school diploma (if you have graduated from medical school)
- Appointments are made through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All candidates must register through the NRMP.
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are conducted between November and January of each year prior to the match date. You will be invited to a resident reception the evening prior to your interview, and Mayo Clinic provides a one-night stay at the Marriott Courtyard Hotel on the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix.