Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education provides orientation for more than 400 incoming residents and fellows each year.
Business formal attire is required to attend orientation:
- Men. Suit, sport coat, dress pants, dress shirt and tie, sweater.
- Women. Suit, blazer or jacket, dress pants or skirt, dresses, blouse or shirt, sweater.
Four sessions are scheduled for 2016:
- Session 1: June 20. This session is for trainees in Dental Specialties, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Preliminary Internal Medicine, Preliminary Surgery, and Psychiatry.
- Session 2: June 27. This session is for trainees in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Anesthesiology, Clinical Chemistry, General Surgery, Neurologic Surgery, Neurology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Otolaryngology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and Plastic Surgery.
- Session 3: July 1. This session is for trainees in Dermatology, Radiation Oncology and Radiology, as well as all incoming fellows (except as noted below).
- Session 4: July 27. This session is for incoming fellows in Abdominal Transplantation, Breast Oncology, Colon and Rectal Surgery, Endocrine Surgery, Glaucoma, Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Orthopedics, Surgical Critical Care, and all off-cycle international trainees.
Refer to your welcome email or appointment letter for details on which session to attend. Direct orientation questions to your GME specialist, who is listed in your welcome email and can also be found on the contact page.