Resources and Benefits
Mayo Families' Connection
Mayo Families' Connection is an organization that assists the spouses and significant others of Mayo Clinic residents, fellows, research fellows and medical students in transitioning to Rochester, Minn. It holds events and programs and has a variety of interest groups.
On its website, you'll find information about Rochester housing, schools, child care, higher education and community activities.
Workshop for spouses and significant others
Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, in collaboration with the Department of Human Resources and Mayo Families' Connection, sponsors the workshop "Getting Started: An Introduction to the Rochester Community." This free two-hour workshop, which is for spouses and significant others of residents and fellows, gives you opportunities to:
- Meet other people new to the Rochester area
- Gather information about the community
- Discover local activities
- Learn about resources available at Mayo Clinic and within the community to assist you in your search for employment in and around Rochester
The workshop will be offered twice in 2013:
- Thursday, June 27, 9-11 a.m. — Siebens Building, Room 4-02
- Tuesday, July 9, 9-11 a.m. — Siebens Building, Room 4-02
Mayo Fellows Association
Mayo Fellows Association is your liaison between Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education and Mayo Clinic administration. Its leaders understand firsthand the unique perspective and views of trainees and serve as your advocate.
The association also works to enhance your training by providing and organizing:
- Seminars on personal finance and life after residency or fellowship
- Resident and fellow sports teams
- Wellness initiatives
- Social activities, such as movies, ice skating and sporting events
At orientation, you'll receive more information about the benefits of being a member of Mayo Fellows Association and learn how to join. More than 95 percent of trainees at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., are members.
Summary of benefits
View the 2013 summary of benefits for Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education appointees. For a synopsis of benefits, watch the Highlights of Benefits video.
The resident and fellow stipend levels for 2013-2014 will take effect with the pay period that begins on July 17, 2013.
Along with many other financial products and services, Mayo Employees Federal Credit Union offers private student loan consolidation for Mayo Clinic residents, fellows and physicians.