Resources and Benefits
Mayo Families' Connection
Mayo Families' Connection is an organization that assists the spouses and significant others of Mayo Clinic residents, fellows, research fellows and medical students in transitioning to Rochester, Minnesota. It holds events and programs and has a variety of interest groups.
On the Mayo Families' Connection website, you'll find information about Rochester housing, schools, child care, higher education and community activities.
Workshop for spouses and significant others
Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, in collaboration with the Department of Human Resources and Mayo Families' Connection, sponsors the workshop "Makin' the Move: An Introduction to the Rochester Community." This free two-and-a-half hour workshop, which is for spouses and significant others of residents and fellows, gives you opportunities to:
- Meet other people new to the Rochester area
- Gather information about the community
- Discover local activities and opportunities
- Learn about resources available at Mayo Clinic and within the community to assist you in your search for employment in and around Rochester
- Network with members from the Mayo Families' Connection
The workshop will be offered twice in 2016:
- Thursday, June 30, 9:30 a.m. to noon — Siebens Building, Fourth Floor
- Thursday, July 14, 9:30 a.m. to noon — Siebens Building, Fourth Floor
Mayo Fellows Association
Mayo Fellows Association is your liaison between Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education and Mayo Clinic administration. Its leaders understand firsthand the unique perspective and views of residents and fellows and serve as your advocate.
The association also works to enhance your training by providing and organizing:
- Seminars on personal finance and life after residency or fellowship
- Resident and fellow sports teams
- Wellness initiatives
- Social activities, such as movies, ice skating and sporting events
At orientation, you'll receive more information about the benefits of being a member of Mayo Fellows Association and learn how to join. When you're on campus, you will be able to access the Mayo Fellows Association website (must be logged in to the Mayo network) for more information. More than 95 percent of trainees at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, are members.
Loan consolidation: Home, auto, personal
Along with many other financial products and services, such as home mortgages, Mayo Employees Federal Credit Union offers private student loan consolidation for Mayo Clinic residents, fellows and physicians.
Summary of benefits
View the 2016 summary of benefits for Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education appointees. The resident and fellow stipend levels for 2016-2017 take effect with the pay period that begins on July 27, 2016.