As indicated in your onboarding email, you will complete a number of onboarding requirements via MedHub, our residency management system. Contact your graduate education coordinator if you have any questions about the required forms.
Before arriving for orientation
Upon receiving notice from Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education in mid-April of your appointment year and prior to the first day of orientation, bring the following items to the Employee Service Center, Ozmun East Building, Lobby Level reception desk. Ozmun East is one block west of the Mayo Building on Second Street SW. View a campus map.
- Employment eligibility. Provide proof of your legal right to work:
- Print pages 7, 8 and 9 of the I-9 Employment Eligibility form.
- Complete only section 1 (page 7).
- Present the I-9 Employment Eligibility form along with applicable documents that establish identification and employment authorization to the Employee Service Center. Refer to page 9 for a list of acceptable documents.
- Social Security card. Present your original Social Security card to the Employee Service Center. If you have a Social Security number but have misplaced your card, or need to update it due to a name change, see these guidelines.
- International residents and fellows without Social Security numbers should wait for instructions from the International Personnel Practice Group regarding the application for a Social Security card at your assigned Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education orientation. Upon receipt of your original card, you will need to present it at the Employee Service Center.
- Complete a health review. Before starting your program, you must submit your immunization records for a review by a Mayo Clinic nurse. You're strongly encouraged to complete this before orientation. Read more.
- Complete national and state background studies. These must be requested online by April 15, unless you don't have a Social Security number or a U.S. address. You will receive an email with more details closer to the deadline.
- Complete required online training. The three training modules should take you a total of about two to three hours. Read more.
- Inform us about special needs. If you have special needs, such as a sign language interpreter, lactation room or wheelchair access, contact us at email@example.com.
Additional appointment information