As indicated in your onboarding email, you will complete a number of onboarding requirements via MedHub, our residency management system. Contact your GME specialist if you have any questions about the required forms.
Before arriving for orientation
- Contact Provider Enrollment by April 20.
- If you have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number, email it to Rochester Provider Enrollment. If you do not know your NPI number, you can look it up by first and last name on the NPI registry.
- If you do not have an NPI number, apply for one using the NPI instructions. When you are assigned an NPI number, email it to Rochester Provider Enrollment.
- If you do not have a Social Security number, you cannot apply for an NPI number. Complete these instructions once you have your Social Security number.
- Provider Enrollment will contact you by mid-May to complete additional government provider enrollment applications.
- Complete licensure requirements. Start working on the medical or dental licensure process as soon as possible.
- Complete national and state background studies. You will receive an email with more details in April. All trainees must pass a national and state background check before seeing patients.
- Inform us about special needs. If you have special needs, such as a sign language interpreter, lactation room or wheelchair access, contact us.
Before the first day of orientation, bring the following items to HR Connect, Ozmun East Building, Lobby Level reception desk. Ozmun East is one block west of the Mayo Building on Second Street SW. View a campus map.
- Employment eligibility. Provide proof of your legal right to work:
- Print pages 7, 8 and 9 of the I-9 Employment Eligibility form.
- Complete only section 1 (page 7).
- Present the I-9 Employment Eligibility form along with applicable documents that establish identification and employment authorization to the Employee Service Center. Refer to page 9 for a list of acceptable documents.
- Social Security card. Present your original Social Security card to the Employee Service Center. If you have a Social Security number but have misplaced your card, or need to update it due to a name change, see these guidelines.
- International residents and fellows without Social Security numbers should wait for instructions from the International Personnel Practice Group regarding the application for a Social Security card at your assigned Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education orientation. Upon receipt of your original card, you will need to present it at the Employee Service Center.
Additional appointment information