As indicated in your appointment letter, the Application for Residency Permit, Licensure Eligibility Questionnaire and Post-Appointment Information forms must be completed, signed and returned with your signed appointment letter to Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education within 10 business days.
Send the forms to:
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education
- Attention: (Name of graduate education coordinator noted on appointment letter)
Siebens Building, Fifth Floor
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
Contact your graduate education coordinator if you have any questions about the required forms.
Before arriving for orientation
- Complete national and state background studies. These must be completed online within 48 hours of when you received an email about them from Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, unless you don't have a Social Security number or a U.S. address. Read more.
- Complete required online training. The four training modules should take you a total of about two to three hours. Read more.
- Complete a health review. Before starting your program, you must complete a health review with a Mayo Clinic occupational health nurse. You're strongly encouraged to complete this before orientation. Read more.
- Inform us about special needs. If you have special needs, such as a sign language interpreter, lactation room or wheelchair access, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request your preferred name for your Mayo identification badge. If you would like your common first name, such as "Bob" rather than "Robert," to be used on the front side of your Mayo identification badge, email your full legal name and your preferred first name to email@example.com by May 31.
After April 15 of your appointment year and prior to the first day of orientation, bring these items to the Employee Service Center, Ozmun East Building, Lobby Level reception desk. Ozmun East is one block west of the Mayo Building on Second Street SW.
- Proof of identity and employment eligibility verification (Form I-9). From the lists of acceptable documentation, bring one from List A or one item each from List B and List C. Complete and print page 7 and print page 8 of the Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) form to bring with you to the Employee Service Center.
- Social Security card. You must bring your original Social Security card for verification. International residents and fellows without Social Security numbers should wait for instructions from the Mayo Clinic International Personnel Office before applying for a number and card. If you have a Social Security number but have misplaced your card, or need to update it due to a name change, see these guidelines. Upon receipt of your new card, bring it to the Employee Service Center.
Bring to orientation
- Bank account information. As your stipend during your program will be paid by direct deposit, you'll need to provide your bank account number and bank routing number during orientation.
Additional appointment information