Resources and Benefits
Living in Jacksonville, Fla.
Based on land area, Jacksonville is the largest city in the U.S. Some of the best beaches in Florida line the Jacksonville coast. There's always something to do in town, such as enjoying fun in the sun, watching numerous sports teams and visiting historical landmarks.
Mayo Fellows Association
Mayo Fellows Association is your liaison between Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education and Mayo Clinic administration. Its leaders understand firsthand the unique perspective and views of trainees and serve as your advocates.
The association also works to enhance your training by providing and organizing:
- Seminars on personal finance and life after residency or fellowship
- Resident and fellow sports teams
- Wellness initiatives
- Social activities, such as movies, ice skating and sporting events
At orientation, you'll receive more information about the benefits of being a member of Mayo Fellows Association and learn how to join.
Academic and Research Support
The Academic and Research Support department has three specially trained staff members who are available to assist you with the preparation and submission of grants and academic manuscripts.
Summary of benefits
View the 2013 summary of benefits for Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education appointees. For a synopsis of benefits, watch the Highlights of Benefits video.
The resident and fellow stipend levels for 2013-2014, which take effect with the pay period that begins on July 17, 2013, are:
Along with many other financial products and services, Mayo Employees Federal Credit Union offers private student loan consolidation for Mayo Clinic residents, fellows and physicians.
Orientation resource booths
A variety of resource booths will be available as part of your orientation.
- Human Resources. Mayo Clinic Human Resources will be available to answer questions about the different health care plans.
- Mayo Fellows Association. Mayo Fellows Association advocates for medical education, professional development and biomedical research for students, residents, fellows and nontenured research scientists.
- Transcription. Learn about resources for medical transcription.
- Mayo Employees Federal Credit Union. Mayo Employees Federal Credit Union is a member-owned, not-for-profit credit union with a full range of financial products and services.
- Duval County Medical Society. Founded in 1853, Duval County Medical Society includes more than 2,000 physicians in the county and is the oldest medical society in Florida.
- Family Medicine. Learn about the Mayo Clinic Family Medicine Center.
- Center for Humanities in Medicine. This center integrates the arts, history and ethics in the medical environment to support the Mayo ideal that the needs of the patient come first. Its programs and research in the humanities serve patients, families, caregivers and the larger community, promoting the compassionate delivery of health care.
- Security. The Security Department protects and serves Mayo Clinic patients, visitors, staff and institutional assets. Don't want a boot on your car? Visit this booth to learn where you can park.
- Medical library. The Winn Dixie Foundation Medical Library offers document delivery, literature searches, tailored educational opportunities and publication notifications.
- Chamber of commerce. The JAX Chamber is a business membership organization aiming to drive quality economic growth in northeast Florida.
- Academic and Research Support. The Academic and Research Support department at Mayo Clinic in Florida has three specially trained staff members who are available to assist with the preparation and submission of grants and academic manuscripts.
- Florida Medical Association. The Florida Medical Association represents more than 20,000 physicians, advocating for them and their patients to promote public health, ensure the highest standards of medical practice, and enhance the quality and availability of health care in Florida.
- PALMS. Partners Actively Lending Mayo Support (PALMS) is a nonprofit auxiliary organization for Mayo Clinic in Florida that provides support to the spouses and families of residents and fellows, including opportunities for social interactions, networking, community service and education.