Welcome to Mayo Clinic — we're excited that you've chosen Mayo Clinic in Florida for your residency or fellowship training.
We're looking forward to your arrival and are confident your training will be both enjoyable and educationally rewarding. There are a few tasks you'll need to complete before you arrive for orientation.
- Men. Suit, sport coat, dress pants, dress shirt and tie, sweater.
- Women. Suit, blazer or jacket, dress pants or skirt, dresses, blouse or shirt, sweater, hosiery.
Before arriving for orientation
- Complete and return required forms. Five forms must be completed and returned by May 3. Read more.
- Complete National Provider Identifier (NPI). If you have it, please provide your NPI username and password to Julie H. Griffis. If not, you must complete before April 30.
- Complete a national background study. This must be completed online within 48 hours of when you received an email about it from Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, unless you don't have a Social Security number. Read more.
- Complete required online training. There are several training modules, which should take you a total of about two to three hours. Read more.
- Complete a health assessment. You must complete an occupational health assessment with a Mayo Clinic occupational health nurse. Read more.
- Obtain life-support certifications. Both Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) certifications are required before orientation. Mail signed copies of your current verification cards to Julie H. Griffis.
- Have your photo taken. You are required to have your portrait taken before starting your training program. Plan to have this done in conjunction with your occupational health assessment. Read more.
Items to bring to orientation
- Proof of identity (two forms) and employment eligibility. Using these lists of acceptable documentation as guidance, bring two documents that establish identity and at least one that establishes employment authorization.
- Social Security card. If you do not have a Social Security card or your card requires updating due to a name change, contact the Social Security Administration or visit a Social Security office in person. International residents and fellows should wait for instructions from the Mayo International Personnel Office before applying for a Social Security card.
- Family members' Social Security numbers. If you plan to enroll your spouse or any dependent family members in your health plan, bring their Social Security numbers.
- Bank account information. As your stipend during your program will be paid by direct deposit, you'll need to provide your bank account number and bank routing number during orientation.
- White lab coats. You are encouraged to buy two white lab coats without elastic cuffs that will fit over your formal business attire. Only Mayo Clinic-approved branding is allowed.