Late in Year 3, you and your advisors will begin planning your fourth-year schedule. The goal is to develop a Year 4 program that reflects your career goals, individual strengths, and educational needs - all informed by the themes of the MMS curriculum.
There are 45 weeks in the fourth academic year. The curriculum is comprised of the Internal Medicine sub-internship, emergency medicine, elective rotations, and a 3-week intersession. Travel time is allotted for vacations and visits to residency training programs.
The student goals for the Year 4 are to:
- Expand the breadth of medical knowledge and skills needed to be well versed in many fields of medicine
- Establish patterns of independence and initiative for lifelong learning
- Successfully complete all requirements for graduation
- Demonstrate the medical knowledge and clinical skills necessary to enter graduate medical training programs
USMLE - Step 2
All students must complete and pass Step 2 of the United States Medical Licensure Examination (USMLE).
Courses and Elective Rotations (partial list)
- General Surgery
- Surgery Subspecialties
- Gynecologic Surgery
- General Community Pediatrics
- Hospital Pediatrics
- Pediatric Subspecialties
- Medical Genetics
Internal Medicine Rotations
- General Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine Subspecialties
- Critical Care Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Internship Bootcamp (held at the simulation center)