Mayo Medical School enrolls students with superior academic credentials, leadership characteristics and a sincere desire to commit their lives to service. Recognizing the strength of diversity, we encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply. Equal opportunity and access are embraced throughout the admissions process.
- The Admissions Committee is composed of current and retired Mayo staff, medical school administrators, current medical students and community leaders. Members are actively involved in the on-campus candidate interview process.
- The Admissions Committee meets weekly from September through December to review and rank interviewed candidates.
- During the admissions cycle, a review of all ranked candidates will occur every two to three weeks, at which time appointment offers are made.
- Those applicants not receiving appointments during the initial review will receive notification of their "hold status." During each subsequent review, all previously reviewed applicants remain active and eligible to receive appointment offers.
- This periodic and "rolling" admissions process allows for all applicants to remain active for admissions consideration, irrespective of their interview dates, until the class is filled by March 15.
Early application through AMCAS is strongly encouraged. An earlier review process has been implemented. All onsite interviews will be completed by mid-December.