The Mayo Medical School M.D. Program offers a powerful, life-enriching educational experience. It is designed to provide the knowledge and skills upon which to build a successful, rewarding practice.
Hallmarks of the Mayo M.D. Program include:
- A small class size of 50 students allows for personal attention from our faculty of more than 2,000 physicians and scientists.
- Our strong curriculum uniquely integrates clinical and basic science disciplines and investigates the complex societal, economic, legal, and ethical issues affecting health care.
- Elective clerkships provide access to Mayo Clinic's vast patient-care, education and biomedical research resources.
- Mayo graduates have exceptional residency acceptance rates.
- Mayo Medical School Graduate Outcomes:
- Outstanding scholarly clinicians, scientists, and educators who place the need of the patient first.
- Compassionate physicians who value diversity and work toward social responsibility.
- Effective leaders and members of interdisciplinary teams who improve the processes and outcomes of health care.
- Promoters of wellness in themselves, their patients, and their communities.
- Creative thinkers who translate discovery into practice and advance medicine through innovation and education.