Mayo Medical School (MMS) enrolls a select class of 50 medical students each year. Our students are high-achieving women and men from all over the world who possess superior academic credentials, leadership characteristics, and a sincere dedication to service.
Each MMS entering class is comprised of 42 M.D. Program students, up to six M.D.-Ph.D. Program students, and two students who are admitted to the sixyear combined M.D.-O.M.S. Program (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery).
Programs that combine the M.D. degree with a Masters in Public Health degree or a Masters of Science in Clinical Research degree are available.
The goal of all MMS programs is to, enroll outstanding students who have demonstrated an aptitude in the sciences and a deep desire to serve others through medicine.
Mayo Clinic is an independent, degree-granting institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Liaison Committee on Medical Education.
- Higher Learning Commission
30 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 2400
Chicago, IL 60602-2504
- 800-621-7440 (toll-free)
- Fax: 312-263-7462
Mayo Medical School graduates will be:
- outstanding scholarly clinicians, scientists, and educators who place the needs of the patient first.
- compassionate physicians who value diversity and work toward social responsibility.
- effective leaders and members of interdisciplinary teams who improve the processes and outcomes of healthcare.
- promoters of wellness in themselves, their patients, and their communities.
- creative thinkers who translate discovery into practice and advance medicine through innovation and education.