Mayo Medical School enrolls a select class of 50 medical students each year. Our students are high-achieving women and men from all over the world who possess superior academic credentials, leadership characteristics and a sincere dedication to service.
Each Mayo Medical School entering class is composed of 42 M.D. Program students, up to six M.D.-Ph.D. Program students, and two students who are admitted to the six-year combined M.D.-O.M.S. Program (oral and maxillofacial surgery).
Programs that combine the M.D. degree with a master's in public health (M.P.H.) or a Master of Science in clinical research are also available.
The goal of all Mayo Medical School programs is to enroll outstanding students who have demonstrated an aptitude in the sciences and a deep desire to serve others through medicine.
Mayo Clinic is an independent, degree-granting institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Liaison Committee on Medical Education.
- Higher Learning Commission
230 S. LaSalle St., Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1411
- Phone: 800-621-7440 (toll-free) or 312-263-0456
- Fax: 312-263-7462
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mayo Medical School graduates will be:
- Outstanding scholarly clinicians, scientists and educators who place the needs of the patient first
- Compassionate physicians who value diversity and work toward social responsibility
- Effective leaders and members of interdisciplinary teams who improve the processes and outcomes of health care
- Promoters of wellness in themselves, their patients and their communities
- Creative thinkers who translate discovery into practice and advance medicine through innovation and education