- Apply online to Mayo Medical School through the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). Indicate through AMCAS your desire to apply for the M.D.-Ph.D. Program.
- A $120 application fee is required for Mayo Medical School; there is no additional Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) application fee.
- The application deadline for submitting AMCAS to Mayo is Oct. 1, 2013.
Additional materials, including letters of recommendation and the Mayo M.D.-Ph.D. rating sheet, are due by Oct. 15, 2013. (A rating sheet is required from each recommender.)
The applicant should give each recommender a Mayo M.D.-Ph.D. rating sheet to fill out, sign and return to:
Medical Scientist Training Program
Attn: Lisa M. Hurley
Guggenheim Building, Room 2-24
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- The GRE is not required for admission to the MSTP.
- Mayo Graduate School strives to enhance its diversity and welcomes applications from diverse learners as outlined in our institutional diversity statement.
The M.D.-Ph.D. interview process:
- Prospective students selected for an interview will be contacted starting mid-November.
- Interview weekends are held in January and February.
- Interview travel expenses are reimbursed up to a predetermined limit.
- Acceptance of offer is required by April 30.
Candidates invited for an interview will attend one of our M.D.-Ph.D. interview weekends. You'll receive an in-depth orientation to the program, participate in interviews with members of the MSTP Admissions Committee, and have the opportunity to meet one or two faculty members of your choice.
You'll also have lunch, a tour, dinner with current students and a chance to see Rochester, Minn.
If you are not offered an interview for the M.D.-Ph.D. Program, you can choose to be considered for the M.D.-only program.
If you are offered admission, you may elect to make another visit to Rochester. During this second visit, you may meet additional potential thesis mentors or gather more information to help you decide among the M.D.-Ph.D. programs to which you have been admitted.
Mayo Clinic will pay travel expenses up to a predetermined limit for this visit.