Recognition of Outstanding Contribution Award
In 2010, the Mayo School of Health Sciences Alumni Association (MSHSAA) established the Recognition of Outstanding Contribution Award, which is given annually to one Mayo School of Health Sciences (MSHS) alumnus or alumna to acknowledge exceptional contributions in one or more of these areas:
- Clinical care of patients
- Research in his or her field
- Mentoring and education of young professionals
- Humanitarian endeavors
The award is presented at the annual meeting of the MSHSAA. Travel and lodging expenses for the recipient are covered.
Considered for the Recognition of Outstanding Contribution Award are MSHS alumni who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Show dedication to the service of patients
- Promote the art and science of medicine through the education of students in a clinical or academic setting
- Participate in research
- Are leaders in their field
- Are involved in community service
- Have made contributions to underserved populations or provided services in challenging situations
- Are involved in the MSHSAA
Nomination and selection process
A complete nomination packet includes:
- A completed nomination form
- A letter of nomination, which should include specific examples and may focus on one or more areas of accomplishment
- The nominee's curriculum vitae
Submit these items to the address on the nomination form. Self-nominations are encouraged.
The selection committee for the award is chaired by the president-elect of the MSHSAA, and includes one member of the executive committee, three members of the board of directors, one ex officio member and the director of the Mayo Clinic Alumni Center.