The nominating committee of the Mayo School of Health Sciences Alumni Association (MSHSAA) is accepting nominations through April 2, 2012, for the 2012-2013 term of the MSHSAA board of directors.
Each member of the MSHSAA board of directors serves a three-year term and commits to attending an annual meeting (travel expenses provided). The board is seeking to fill seven seats of members whose terms have expired.
Any Mayo School of Health Sciences (MSHS) alumnus or alumna can nominate someone — or himself or herself — to serve on the executive committee, or as a director or the vice president. Members are selected by the nominating committee and approved at the MSHSAA annual meeting.
The nominating committee aims to find board members who:
- Have graduated from an MSHS program
- Represent a wide range of health sciences professions
- Are geographically diverse
- Hold, or have held, leadership roles in their health sciences profession
- Are committed to representing alumni interests
- Have an interest in promoting MSHS and MSHSAA
To nominate an MSHS alumnus or alumna, or yourself, for a board position, please complete this nomination form. Attach to the form a letter that describes:
- Why the nominee is interested in serving on the board
- Areas of interest or concern the nominee believes represent issues for the MSHSAA, as well as suggestions the nominee has for the board regarding those issues
- Any special skills the nominee has that he or she is willing to share with the board
Email the form and letter to Betsey Smith or fax the items (include "Attn: Betsey Smith") to 507-538-7442. Alternatively, mail the two items to:
- Mayo School of Health Sciences Alumni Association
- Attn: Betsey Smith
- Mayo Clinic Alumni Center
- Siebens Building, Fifth Floor
- 200 First St. SW
- Rochester, MN 55905
For more information about MSHSAA board of directors nominations, please contact: