A Visiting Medical Clerkship is an elective clerkship opportunity that offers you real-life medical knowledge through direct patient care experiences.
The Visiting Medical Student Clerkship Program at Mayo Clinic provides a host of opportunities for the more than 350 participating medical students each year. The hands-on experiences and rewards visiting students receive are many and diverse.
As a member of the Mayo health-care team, you will:
- see patients from around the world with a wide spectrum of common and rare diseases
- work with outstanding physicians representing all the medical and surgical specialties and with eminent scientists in basic research
- learn clinical decision-making skills at the largest medical group practice in the world
- participate in the educational activities of one of the largest residency training institutions in the nation, with more than 15,000 alumni practicing throughout the world
- experience why Mayo Clinic is an international leader in academic and clinical medicine
- demonstrate your abilities to Mayo Clinic faculty
- meet and interact with residency program directors.
- Learn more about the Mayo Clinic Visiting Medical Student Clerkship Program.